Other third-parties, such as restaurants at which you make reservations through our Sites and social networks that you use in connection with our Sites, may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third-parties or their services. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Sites. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Sites and personalize your experience. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), billing information, survey responses, demographics, primary dining city, current and prior restaurant reservation details, favorite restaurants, special restaurant requests, passwords, contact information of people you provide notice of your restaurant reservations through our Sites, and other information you provide on our Sites. If you use our mobile application, we may also collect your mobile device ID, your precise location data, and the restaurant search locations you select. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our Sites and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Sites. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as:
• Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email
• Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not- track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
B. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use
• make and change your restaurant reservations made through our Sites;
• offer you, or provide you with, products and services;
• operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
• understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services, such as understanding your dining history to make recommendations about other restaurants you may like;
• process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• display relevant advertising;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation
confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and
• communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and
other news about products and services offered by Tastable, our subsidiaries, and affiliates;
select restaurants; and our other selected partners;
• link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand
your needs and provide you with better service; and
• protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that Tastable may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
C. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information Shared With Restaurants
When you make a restaurant reservation through our Sites, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants with whom you choose to reserve. In order to facilitate your reservation, your information is provided to that restaurant, just as it would if you made a reservation by calling the restaurant, emailing the restaurant, or using the restaurant’s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, restaurants may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some restaurants also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your reservation. When you make a restaurant reservation through our Sites and/or make a payment to a restaurant through our Sites, we may also share with the restaurants additional information, such as information about your dining preferences and history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your reservation that Tastable will pass on to that restaurant.
We may share with restaurants summary reports of feedback from diners. If you provide comments about a restaurant through our Sites, these comments may be shared with that restaurant. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a restaurant may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
Information you choose to share with a restaurant when you make a reservation and/or pay a restaurant through our Sites may be used by the restaurant for its own purposes. Tastable does not control, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
Information You Share Socially
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Tastable has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Tastable also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
Sharing with Others
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
• We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the restaurants at which you make reservations through our Sites) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
• We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
• We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites.
• We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
• We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
• We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
D. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tastable takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Tastable or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Tastable account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have
E. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Tastable by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Tastable account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services
F. CONTACTING TASTABLE
For questions about accessing, changing, or deleting your personal information, please visit http://www.Tastable.co/ or contact customer support at 1-800-TASTABLE or via email at privacy@Tastable.co.
For questions or opinions on this Policy, please contact Tastable via email at privacy@Tastable.co or by postal mail at: Tastable, Attn: Legal Department, 338 W. 63rd Street, Kansas City, MO 64113.
G. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Tastable may update or revise this Policy from time to time. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date below. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Sites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Sites.
Last Updated: January 6, 2016